Wednesday 11 December 2013

Old Friends New Beginings

Hey guys thought I'd give you a little weekly update of what's been going on in my world as of late. As some of you may know if you follow me on twitter I had a practical exam for biology on Thursday which I well and truly ballsed up (Fuck you plants, fuck you!). Not going to lie that really got me down. I knew the material and I just made one really stupid mistake that I knows cost me a few marks, I know it's only a couple but I have a bit of a perfectionist streak and I'd rather get something done well or not do it at all, guess that's another personality trait I need to work on (I'm gathering a fair few new years resolutions mind)!

Me trying to do practical science
On a lighter note I got to spend my weekend catching up with some old girlfriends that I haven't seen in a while which was much needed! Don't get me wrong I love having my guy friends about but you just can't drag them shopping and stick a face mask on them, but oh how I wish I could haha. On the Saturday I met up with Laura who I last saw on Halloween, we went into Reading to get some much needed Christmas shopping done, and bloody hell she is quite an enabler, don't think my bank balance will be forgiving me anytime this year. On a positive though I now have all my presents done and dusted and only the wrapping to go (Eeep I adore wrapping gifts, I'm a bit of an odd one really) which means I can spend the remains of my dwindling bank balance on having a good time over the Christmas break. After our shopping spree and enough KFC to induce week long food comas we went down to the riverside to have a few cocktails in a nice little pub called The Slug & Lettuce, it was only about six in the evening by this point so it was lovely to just have a few drinks somewhere really chilled out with no loud music and no one vomiting in the corner...nice.

Rumberry Mojitos!
On the Sunday I then met up with a lovely girly called Lily-Jasmine, who I haven't seen in about three and a half years now! It's crazy how time flies and I really need to have more catch up sessions like this because it's so nice to rekindle old friendships and it was like we'd never been apart! After a quick shop around town (yes more shopping *slaps wrist*) we went back to her house where I introduced her to the wonderful world of blogger and she showed me the wonderful ways of journal writing. I really think I'm going to start keeping a journal you know? As much as I love you guys I can't put my entire life onto the internet so I think it'll be a good way for me to keep a record of what's been happening in my life. As this year has proved, so much can change in a year!

So all in all this weekend has been a success! I really do think it's important to make time to catch up with old friends because you never know what may come of it and at the end of the day as Lily rightly said your friends are the ones who are always going to be there when all else fails. So guys that's enough of my ramblings for one evening as I'm clearly just writing this post to get out of writing my Chemistry Presentation (good old Arenes...Kill me). But seriously, pick up your phone and text a friend you haven't in a while, you never know where it could lead.

Love & TubTubs


No comments:

Post a Comment