Saturday 27 July 2013

Legoland Summer Ball

So I've officially finished college for the summer and it feels great! Now to celebrate the end of a year of hard work we have an annual summer ball, this years one just happened to be held at Legoland Windsor which is the place where many of my happiest childhood memories were formed. Shortly after this was announced though my tutor was quick to point out that the park itself would be shut and therefore there would be no late night rollercoster riding in heels and dresses, which although a slight disappointment, it was to be expected and was completely made up for by the fact that the next day there was an announcement that it was going to be masquerade themed this year!

Now due to a lack of time and money I couldn't go out and buy myself a new outfit but I recycled some bits and bobs from my wardrobe, borrowed a mask from a friend and I think it all worked out rather nicely. Also me being the pillock that I am forgot to take a full body shot of my outfit but luckily there are a few pictures from the evening that are full body so all is not lost. So without further ado here's a quick OOTD featuring my good buddy of five years Sam!
Dress: Hell Bunny. - Shoes: New Look. - Mask: Naughty but Nice. - Bag: Next
Now I did ask Sam where his suit was from but after getting the response "How the hell am I meant to remember that!?" I take it men just don't really care about these things aha. Moving swiftly along I must say the hotel was amazing; the outside was like something out of a children's TV show complete with moving Lego dragon,  but the inside was breathtaking and so elegant (minus the Lego lion but we'll let them off on that one). Honestly it was a fabulous night with some of the loveliest people I know, even managed to end a few long standing disagreements and trap our headteacher in the middle of a dance circle so you can't go too wrong with that one! I'll leave you with a few pictures to end the post now, some lovely before ball shots and maybe a few not so flattering indoor ones if I'm feeling particularly lovely.





Quick side note before I vanish for the evening, the heels I wore that night were honestly the comfiest heels I've ever worn. I know they're wedges so that's to be expected but I managed to keep them on for most of the night, which is an achievement for me as my feet have a longstanding disagreement with shoes, so to end a night with no blisters or twisted ankles is rather wonderful. Saying that though I did trip slightly getting out of Sam's car late at night and cut the top of my foot open on the studs from the other shoe. Owp.

Love & TubTubs




1 comment:

  1. your outfit is so cool!! and i love those shoes <3

    Barbs
    http://300daysofengland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete