Sunday 19 May 2013

Re: For my followers. Dear Haydn...

Hey guys, I know this isn't normally a day I blog although looking around my page you wouldn't think I had any schedule at all seeing as I deleted everything and only just got back into the swing of it, oops. Anyway the point of this is that it's a response to a video that I've just watched done by a man called Haydn Clark dedicated to his twitter followers. Now my original plan was to do a video response to that video, however that didn't work out as it was just a lot of me saying um before eventually getting a bit emotional (it's been a tough day, will make a separate post on that) but I just wanted to write up a post to still try and get the message across because I'm a strong believer in letting people know when they effect you, even if it's saying "I like your shoes" to that stranger in the street you never know how that could effect someone's day. So without further ado here's the jist of what I was trying to get across in the video before inevitably giving up.

EDIT: Okay, apparently I can't write either, but this gives you the jist of what I was trying to say as rambly as it may sound.

Dear Hayden
Trying to keep this short, don't know if that'll work but I'll give it a shot. I just wanted to say that watching your latest video got me thinking, you say you're so grateful to have your followers but the truth is we're the lucky ones to have someone as influential as you to look up to. I feel that I can speak for most of us (that aren't thinking with our genitals) when I say that your input has really effected so many of us in different ways. Okay by this point I've kind of given up on speaking for all of us and I'll shift it onto a more personal level some may agree with me, some not, some partly, but I figure by this point instead of trying to write a diplomatic blog post it's just going to be easier to speak what's on my mind. Personally I don't have a visible disability, but about three years ago I was diagnosed with a condition with my digestive system that generally made day to day life hard, with this came me not wanting to leave the house in fear of getting sick and due to this lack of socializing and self esteem, anxiety and depression followed soon after. Now I'm aware that doesn't really relate to your story much at all, but occasionally I'd see things on your twitter that would just give me that little bit of extra hope to get me through the day. A few months on I'm now getting my life back together and I wanted to just say thank you, because I feel just seeing little things from you would either lift my mood or inspire me to push on and that helped a lot through this dark patch. I felt today was a good opportunity to write this not only because it's the day I saw the video but it's also been a veryvery bad day for me for many personal reasons that I wouldn't divulge on the internet and it's the point where I would normally give up. However, you've inspired me to keep fighting through these days in hope that I'll come out the other end okay which is something I've never been able to do. So thank you, from me and from everyone you've ever inspired.
-AlexiMetalPirate

So there you have it guys, a badly worded late night post from me. Sorry if this post was a bit heavy and personal but don't worry i'll be back next week with something far more lighthearted and maybe a pug or two.
Sweet Dreams


,

No comments:

Post a Comment