Sunday 12 May 2013

Models Own Review

Hey Guys!
So after getting my results back for my chemistry ISA to find I'd actually gotten a really good grade (after crying hysterically to anyone that would listen about how I'd failed and was going nowhere in life) I decided it was a perfect opportunity (excuse) to go do some shopping, after all it was a well deserved reward. So within a few hours my 86% had somehow converted itself to about £86 I was walking through the streets of Guildford quite a happy bunny. Within my grade induced shopping I decided to pick up a Models Own nail varnish that I'd seen a swatch for online, however after scouring Boots for about half hour I'd concluded that they didn't have the polish I was after (Emerald Black where are you!?) but I had managed to pick up four other ever so pretty polishes...it happens to the best of us right?

Top Left; Indian Ocean. Top Right; Purple Blue. Bottom Left; Mystic Mauve. Bottom Right; Boogie Nights
Now normally I'm the kind of person that doesn't have the time of day for my nails; firstly I'm a recovering nail biter so my nails are never looking to happy regardless of which color I've splashed across them. Secondly; I'm a very impatient bugger and I find sitting about for 20 minutes flapping your hands about quite the chore. However, lately I've found that if I keep my nails painted I don't bite them so I'm trying to make much more of an effort when it comes to my fingers. As you can see above the colors I picked up all have some sort of purple in them but I think they're different enough to justify buying all four so lets not dwell on that fact.

My first impression of these polishes wasn't the best as when I put a single coat of "Purple Blue" on my not so willing boyfriends finger (as I was too impatient to get home and take of my own nail varnish) it just looked a bit brown and bleh, not the amazing effect I wanted after hearing so many great things about these polishes. However, when I got home I applied the same colour with a base coat, top coat and two coats of colour, little excessive? Probably. Worth it? Yes. I will say though that despite having four layers of varnish on my nails they didn't feel thick or plastic-ey (is that a word...it is now) which is a nice bonus.

When I uploaded a picture of the polishes to my Facebook I did receive a comment saying how my friend and fellow blogger had a negative experience with these saying they chipped off really easily so I decided to put this to the test by wearing them to work. Now I'm only a sales assistant, however today we got a delivery in so my whole shift consisted of heavy lifting, tag gunning, typing and general hand abuse so I was expecting loads of little chips over my nails. To my pleasure I only had one chip in total and that was on the nail that I'd messed up when painting so reapplied that morning in a single coat of colour and no top coat so I think we can let them off on that one.

To summarize; these varnishes are awesome. They stay put once dry with minimal chipping so unless you're planning on fighting a t-rex or massaging a cheese grater I'd say you're good to go as far as longevity is concerned. They come in an array of pretty colors therefore sadly most stores don't sell the whole collection so it's worth checking out their website. They're only £5 each so won't break the bank, word of warning though when I went shopping Boots were having a sale on all their cosmetics.In turn this led me to go a little crazy and buy double of everything I intended to, because you know that's economical...!

Sorry I've got no swatches of these actually on my fingers but as I said my hands aren't the prettiest at the moment with exams coming up and combined with the fact my camera is currently having a little hissy fit it just wasn't going to work out. The website however have a whole page dedicated for peoples swatches though so go there for nail art and swatch galore! www.modelsownit.com.

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment