Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas is now Socially Acceptable!

Hey m'lovelies, So it's officially socially acceptable to start looking forward to Christmas at long last and nothing says Christmas quite like your head of year walking around the library singing festive songs. However, as I go to a sixth form full of (utterly wonderful) nutters, the Christmas cheer was more along the lines of "oh I wish it could be christmas everyday, then the shops would all be shut and everyone will starve"...Excuse me?

I'm such a Christmassy person so the second people start putting up trees and the markets are in town I'm all over it! For those of you that live in London I highly recommend going to the market taking place in Waterloo beside the London Eye, especially at night, nothing will get you in the spirit quicker then genius magicians, mulled wine and copious amounts of food. Alongside the festive markets and food there is something I like even more about Christmas and that is the excuse to do large amounts of shopping. Now I don't like to blow my own trumpet but I'm pretty damn good with finding Christmas presents for people and it's a great feeling getting to watch someone open something you'll know they'll love. However, this year trying to find a present for my boyfriend is proving to be a mammoth task made even harder by the fact we've put a budget on presents. So if anyone has any ideas on what to buy an aspiring Norse God for under £20 for Christmas let me know in the comments!

Carrying on with the shopping theme I was in the Oxford Street Primark the other week and I saw rails and rails of their really popular tartan dresses, we all know the ones I'm talking about right? However lack of funds and a comment that the dress looked like school uniform made me decide to leave it there on the rail...and god damn it's been following me ever since. Therefore the only logical explanation is that fate is working in magical ways and that me and that dress are meant to be together and I'm now setting out on a quest to find it and make it mine, perfect reasoning right?

The dress of Gods and School Girls alike
Aside from all the festive cheer going on in my life right now my one and only true love...Tubs, went in for her spay operation today and although it was a success she's been feeling a bit sorry for herself moping about the house. I'm hoping she'll perk up soon, I'm not going to lie I was having thoughts about her having puppies so I could fill my life with pugs, puggles, chugs and Pom-A-Pugs...okay maybe getting her spayed was the best decision for everyones sanity. Yet I still can't help but feel bad for my little ball of chub sulking in front of the fire. 

Bad quality of a picture of a disgruntled TubTub
So have you guys all been getting in the Christmas spirit lately or are you reading this post and rolling your eyes at my enthusiasm for gimmicky little things? If you're the former then great we can all get together in our Santa hats for a night of Christmassy fun, if you're the latter...well more yule logs for me you scrooges (I'm kidding I love you all really)

Love & TubTubs

3 comments:

  1. that primark dress <3 i'm seeing it everywhere (online, that is. we dont have primark in italy so i reached a inner state of peace about that)
    and yes! finally it's acceptable to talk about christmasy thingies. i had to bite my tongue too :P

    Barbs
    http://300daysofengland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore it! I went to the biggest Primark in London and they only had it in a size 20! It's becoming impossible to pick up!
    & bite your tongue no more my fellow elf! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAS! Does that answer your question? ;) I'm so so so so so excited!
    I got a tartan skater dress a couple of years ago now and it's great, I love this style though! Shame it's so difficult to find! x

    ReplyDelete