Friday 20 December 2013

Deck The Halls!

Hey guys! So about a week ago me and my family all got together to put the Christmas decorations up which was really lovely considering we're all really busy people and the holidays are the only time in the year we actually get to do things together. So I thought I'd get you in the festive spirit by showing you some of the fruits of our labor!





Of course there had to be a cheeky Moomin thrown in there, what else would you expect from me!? This year was also the first year we got a real tree rather than the slightly naff artificial one that's been in the attic for god knows how long. I can also assure you that we did put more decorations than lights on the tree but all the pictures of the fancy bits and bobs came out blurry. Major fail on my part!

Something I love doing at Christmas time to add a super cozy feel to my space is to wrap fairy lights around things like the headboard of my bed or my curtain rail. Another thing that is not only beautiful to look at but smell delicious are scented candles, my favorite two this year are both by Yankee Candle and are "Cranberrys Ice" and "Candy Apple Wreath". Anything with a spicy scent to it is also a huge winner in my books!

Let me know in the comments your favorite ways to decorate at Christmas time or if you've got any pictures of your decorations on your blog leave me a link I'd love to have a look! Winter is the perfect time to make your space cozy and comforting after all with the days getting shorter and a weather taking a turn for the worst chances are you'll be spending a lot of time indoors so lets all make the most of it!

Love & TubTubs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment