Saturday 7 December 2013

Filming A Music Video!?

Hey m'lovelies! This post is so overdue considering the events that I'm about to unfold happened back in October, however it was way to awesome of an experience to not share with you all. So on the 26th of October I ventured up to Piccadilly Circus to take part in the shooting of the new Wings of Pegasus music video!

So for those of you who don't know who WoP are, they're a band fronted by the fabulous man that is Fil Henley, more commonly known as "Fil with an F" from The X-Factor 2013. Before Fil made his way onto the X-Factor and into our hearts WoP filmed a music video to their song "That's Metal" which I will enable below for you all. However, after the attention he received after his ITV appearance the decision was made to reshoot the video and give the fans a chance to get involved. This opportunity is what lead to me sitting on a train to London at 7am brimming with excitement.

 

 So I arrived at Piccadilly Circus with my partner in crime and camera in hand where I saw Fil and the crew starting to set up for the shoot, this is where I had a problem, I'm awful at talking to people I don't know, even more so when they're well known. So after a few minutes of lurking I finally found the balls to say hi to people which resulted in me meeting a lovely girl who was soon to become my exercise buddy running laps of the plaza with me. So here's the basic set up of the shoot, Fil runs around Piccadilly shirtless playing guitar with crowds of fans around him going off the same theme as the original video. The shoot consisted of about six takes in total and god damn it I was determined to get in some shots!


After about the third shot me and Ann decided standing about smiling wasn't getting us anywhere and we decided to go full out. This of course involved making extensive plans of action for every shot and running around as fast as a pair of high heeled docs will allow, my old PE teacher would of been so proud of me! In the end it all paid off as we got a good headbanging session with Fil in and various other glimpses for us singing our hearts out, now all there is to do is wait until the video is realised in 2014 to see if we actually make an appearance exciting stuff! 

Picture By Terry Payman: Can you spot us?

After the shoot ended and the crew left we got to have a good talk with Fil and he signed our flyers and even gave us free t-shirts. Him and the crew were lovely and the whole experience was definitely worth the hours in the cold and the sore feet in the morning. I've always wanted to be part of a music video shoot regardless of how small a part I had and now I've finally done it and it's something to tick off the bucket list!
Are any of you guys fans of wings of pegasus? Is this is the first time you've heard of them, if so give them a listen and what do you think? I'll catch up with you guys very soon!

Love & TubTubs

No comments:

Post a Comment