Friday 14 November 2014

Lush Review - Phoenix Rising & Lord of Misrule

Hey Guys!

If you follow me on twitter or instagram you will know that recently I had a bit of a splurge in Lush, spent far too much money, but now have the nicest smelling room in the world! Now I have far to many products to put into one post so I'm going to do a few separate posts over the coming weeks to review and share all of this amazingness with you lovely lot!

So the first product I'm going to talk about is a staple favourite of mine from Lush's permanent collection and that is the Phoenix Rising bath bomb. I would definitely say that I'm more of a bubble bar than a bath bomb person but this is an exception to the rule and something I will continue to buy until the end of it's days (which I solemnly hope isn't until after mine). This product is a beautiful metallic purple colour with a dusting of gold over it and once in the bath fizzles into a wonderful deep purple before fading into an as equally beautiful green colour.

The thing that completely wins me over with this product though is the scent of it! It's scented with cinnamon which gives off a perfect warming spicy scent that you only tend to find in Lush's Christmas products. This is a complete winner for me as I tend to stock up hugely on the Christmas products and it's nice that there is at least one staple spicy sent within the permanent collection to keep me ticking over once my christmas stash runs out. This bath bomb currently retails at £3.35 which is middle of the range for lush bath products and I think you could definitely get two baths out of this were you to chop it in half.

Final verdict 5/5, completely adore this product and will repurchase at every opportunity!


The second product was a limited edition product for Halloween and goes by the name of "Lord of Misrule", First impressions of this product are that it's huge, it's so much bigger than i expected it to be and you could probably get three baths out of it should you figure out a way to cut it, alas it's very solid in texture so cutting it could be a difficult and hazardous task. It's light green in colour with flecks of pinks and yellows throughout and when thrown into the bath gives of a beautiful unexpected rich ruby colour.

According to Lush's website it's scented with patchouli (had to give this one a google, it's a herb) and black pepper oil. I had someone pick this product up for me as I'd read this description online and thought it sounded right up my street. In my opinion it's not as spicy and peppery as I was expecting but instead has more of a fresh smell (I'm assuming that's the patchouli) combined with the smell of a lush store (even if you've never been inside a Lush store there's no getting away from the distinctive smell that invades your nostrils as you pass one). All that being said I do like this product, the scent isn't too heavy and the colours are breathtaking, it retails for roughly £4.35 (had to currency convert from the US site). However, as I said earlier it is one of the biggest bath bombs I've seen from lush and therefore I would say is worth the money.

Final verdict 4/5, not what I expected but still beautiful, smells divine, though I really wish it was easier to break up!

So that's all I have for you guys today, let me know which products you'd like me to review next and what are your favourite lush products? Until next time!

Love & TubTubs


No comments:

Post a Comment