Wednesday 12 November 2014

Weightloss Wednesday : Week One - I Want Biscuits!

Hey Guys!

So today marks the first week of my weightloss journey and it's been a tad unconventional to say the least, had some really good days and some not so great days so here's to hoping it's all balanced out! By that I mean events such as Saturday when I was unfortunately taken into A&E which resulted in me not eating anything but a chicken sandwich all day due to not being able to hold down food. However, Friday I gave into my cravings and ended up having a curry with my family so definitely a week of highs and lows, not the best start to my journey but a start none the less.




As with the start of any diet my cravings have been through the roof lately! For some reason I have developed a strong affinity for tea and biscuits which I've only managed to control by either having to put calories aside then exhibit expert self control by only having one or two, or not allowing myself to leave my room once I've reached my calorie goal for the day. Smooth. I've also gotten the stomach pains and nausea from hell due to the change in my eating habits but I'm hoping that should settle down within a week or so and I'll start to feel less like I'm at deaths door.

So here's the part you actually want to know, how much weight have I lost since last Wednesday? Well I'm happy to report that despite the discrepancies I've actually managed to lose 4lbs this week!? Now my goal is 2lbs a week but as some of you may know you tend to lose more weight the first week of a diet due to water weight and things like that. I realised after publishing last weeks post that I actually didn't give any sort of indication to numerical goals at all after deciding not to publish my weight... which was stupid. So my current goal is to lose 25lbs at around two pounds a week, which means I should hit that goal by the 11th of February if all goes to plan. However with Christmas just around the corner I'm not expecting that to be the case and will try not to be too hard on myself if it takes that little bit longer.

Now I've also been thinking as to how I can make these posts a little bit more interesting and ways to further convince myself to keep going, so I've decided to start setting weekly goals to try and keep myself motivated. Now I'm not a gym bunny nor do I have the healthiest of lifestyles (obviously or there would be no need for Weightloss Wednesdays) so these goals are very much start small, dream big. However, they will hopefully keep me going in the right direction! This week my goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day which I'll be keeping track of using one of my favorite apps (review coming soon!).

So that's all I have to fill you in on this week guys, four pounds down and only twenty one to go...because that doesn't sound daunting at all! One final thing I would like to say is I have enabled Google+ followers meaning if you use Youtube, Blogger or any other google owned site you can now follow me using that account. So please do go give the icon a click as it's looking all lonely at the moment, thank you for reading and I'll talk to you all soon!

Love & TubTubs


No comments:

Post a Comment