Sunday 9 November 2014

Nailene Ultra Quick

Hey Guys!

So recently I was in London and whilst shopping in Camden I picked up some of the elegant touch false nails. For those of you familiar with this brand you will know that some of their nails come with adhesive tabs as opposed to the traditional nail glue for mess free application. Personally I prefer to adhere my nails using glue, so I also picked up a bottle of the nailene "ultra quick", which as I will come to explain now I thoroughly regret.


Tonight's blog post was going to be a nail of the day featuring some Halloween nails, unfortunately when I got home after sorting which nails would fit my minuscule hands I went to apply them, and no glue would come out of the bottle. Now I'm not a particularly strong person so I waited until my dad came home so he could get the glue out for me (because dad's can do everything right?). No such luck, after a solid half hour of squeezing and even biting the tube until both sides of the bottle touched no glue was coming out.

This leaves me with two possible conclusions. Either the nail glue had dried up during the manufacturing process due to a fault in the packaging -or- there was no glue in there to begin with. Whatever the reason I'm not a happy bunny. I would like to put emphasis on that this was a bottle straight out of the cardboard packaging and not something that I've had out on the side, I even took a picture of it in it's packaging earlier today because I wanted to review how well it worked as a nail glue which you can see above!

Now I know a lot of people use nailene myself included and have had really good experiences with it in the past and I'm in no way bashing the quality of the glue itself. However, this is only the second bottle I've ever bought and when 50% of purchases don't actually contain the product you paid for, you're going to be a bit pissed. This glue retails for about £4 which I believe is a perfectly reasonable price, should you actually receive the product. After looking at other reviews on amazon it's also been brought to my attention I'm not the only person to have this problem so please do leave a comment and let me know if you've had a similar experience. I'm waiting for payday to come around again so I can pick up some more glue and finally get these nail pictures out to you guys because they are beautiful beyond belief so don't panic I haven't given up on that front.

On that note if anyone has any nail glue recommendations do leave them in the comments below and I'll talk to you guys next time!

Love and TubTubs

No comments:

Post a Comment