Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Hey Guys!

Welcome to 2015, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are recovering well from your last night antics. Now every year you see all over social media people talking about "new year new me!" and about their resolutions which induces many eyerolls but personally I don't see it as the detriment people make it out to be. Yes you should constantly strive to improve yourself and yes life doesn't change in the space of a few minutes, but if it puts the motivation back into people I'm all for it!

The previous year without a doubt has been a hard one for me that I'm so happy to see the back of. I've had to come to terms with a lot of things mainly health related, I've had to switch jobs, I had to temporarily abandon my studies because of how ill I'd become and I've learnt a valuable lesson that people may not always be who they first seem. In contrast this year is going to be huge for me and I'm already accepting of the fact it's not going to be easy either, I'm finally starting a new chapter of my life and moving away from the town and people I've grown to love with all my heart. I'll be honest I've not been overly thrilled by this concept and previously have been filled with dread if I dare think about it for too long as I'm such a homebody. But hey, I guess we all have to do it at some point or another.

So much love for this picture - Source LoadingArtist.com
So in true cliche blogger fashion I'm going to make some new years resolutions and then next year I can look over them and see how many I've actually achieved and how many I've forgotten about and will inevitably end up on this list next year!

  • Finally fly the nest and move out to university to pursue my passion. If you've been with me for a while you'll be aware that I had to postpone going to university for personal reasons but this year I want to change that and become a fine ass scientist.
  • Be more open about my health. For the past five years i've been very private about my health issues and in ways embarrassed about it. This year I want to be more open about it with people and accept that if it's something I've go to live with then it's going to make my life so much easier if I just explain to people why I might have to leave early etc. People are more understanding than I give them credit for.
  • Lose weight. Cliche resolution that needs no explanation, get rid of the christmas podge for good!
  • Worry less. I'm a super anxious person and I don't deal well with people not liking me and have a tendency to fret over the smallest of details. This year I want to take a step back, let life happen and not get myself in a state about things that won't matter in a few weeks time.
  • Do things that scare me. From being ill I've managed to convince myself that I can't do things that are perfectly normal and my social life's really taken a hit from it. So this year I'm going to force myself out of my comfort zone and reclaim my life.
That's all I've got for you today guys, what are your new years resolutions are are you against the idea and think goals shouldn't depend on the first day of a new year and roll your eyes at claims that "this year will be better". Either way I hope 2015 is full of wonderful things for every single one of you.

Love & TubTubs

No comments:

Post a Comment