Saturday 5 October 2013

Ombré Hair Care

Hello m'lovelies! So as most of you are aware about two months ago I gave in and got on the ombré hair bandwagon. That in itself was an experience and a half as sticking bleach on the ends of jet black hair is never too advisable, but surprisingly it kinda worked and my hair didn't snap off (always a good sign in the land of hairdressing I assume)! So other then a couple of slightly ginger low lights my hair is actually still holding up well due to a few extra haircare steps I've put in place that I thought I'd share with you lovely lot.

So the main bulk of this blog post will be the products I've been using on my hair, as much as I'd love to tell
you all that having healthy bleached hair can be achieved through no heat styling and silk pillowcases alone we all know that's just not happening (science can do wonderful things now though so maybe it'll get cracking on that soon!). However, I'm also a student so alas I don't have £200 to spend on the finest of hair masks so here's my little combination that I've got going that isn't going to completely obliterate the bank
  • Tresemmé thermal creations shampoo and conditioner
  • John Freda frizz ease serum
  • SP Luxe oil
  • Tangle teaser
  • Batiste dry shampoo
 Now I'm going to answer the obvious two questions. Firstly, why use shampoos designed for heat damaged hair when you're not actually using heat on your hair? The simple answer to this is that products formulated for heat damaged hair are almost identical as ones for dry hair, in short, they put much needed moisture back into your hair. Secondly, Luxe oil is expensive you said this wouldn't break the bank? Okay now I know to some people SP products aren't expensive but to me they cost a little more then I'd like to be spending on my hair. My oil was actually gifted to me by my mum but it works so well I will go out and repurchase it once I've used up the bottle. If this product is out of your price range however don't panic as this step of the routine can be replaced with a hot oil treatment every now and then (I highly recommend the VO5 ones).

Right, I'm not going to go on describing how to use these products or this will become a never ending post, besides it's shampoo and oil...pretty self explanatory. Saying that though would you guys be interested in a full review of the Luxe Oil  as I have plenty to say about it, let me know in the comments! As for other general things I do to reduce breakage is by brushing my hair with hairbrushes designed for thin and tangled hair and also minimizing the amount I wash my hair. I will warn you guys though, we're not in the festival season anymore & batiste will only get you so far so there will come a point where you need to actually wash your hair!

The bottom line is that ombré will damage your hair and contrary to popular belief you can't repair your hair once it's split. However, you can minimize the damage by taking good care of your hair with products suited to it and generally being more careful when it comes to your hair. So please stop yanking your hairbrushes through wet hair...please?

Love & TubTubs

No comments:

Post a Comment